|Categories||Adventure and RPG|
|Latest version||v3.0.9 (for Minecraft 1.12.2)|
(for Minecraft 1.16.1)
Dimensional Doors adds several types of doors that allow access to teleportation, pocket dimensions, and extra-dimensional pocket dungeons. Dungeon rooms vary wildly, and include hallways, mazes, treasure rooms, traps, and puzzles.
- Oak Dimensional Door: This is the simplest door for a user to craft and spawns naturally in every dungeon room. When in a dungeon room, the Oak Dimensional Door located at the space where the user enters a room for the first time will lead back to the previous pocket dimension, or when it is the first room in a chain, back to the rift in the original dimension.
An additional Oak Dimensional Door may also be present elsewhere in the room, which will lead to a proper dimension. This is usually the dimension from which the user initially entered the chain of rooms, but it is possible that it can instead lead to The Nether, Limbo, or otherwise (when other applicable mods are present.) This second door can never lead to The End.
When placed by a player outside of a pocket dimension, this door will create a new pocket dimension. However, when placed inside a pocket dimension, it behaves identically to an auxiliary Oak Dimensional Door found within a dungeon room. It may also be placed on an existing rift to traverse it.
- Iron Dimensional Door: When placed, the Iron Dimensional Door leads to a fresh pocket dimension with a large space surrounded by Fabric of Reality and encased in unbreakable fabric. When found in a dungeon room, it will lead to a new room. Similarly to the Oak Dimensional Door, it may also be placed on an existing rift to traverse it.
- Quartz Dimensional Door: This door leads to a unique personal pocket dimension specific to the player entering it. This pocket dimension can be accessed from any Quartz Dimensional Door. The specific location used to enter this pocket is saved upon entry thus ensuring return to the correct point of entry. By default, this door requires quartz ore blocks to craft which makes it the most difficult door to acquire.
- Gold Dimensional Door: When placed, this dimensional door leads to a new dungeon room. This allows players access to new dungeons in a location of their choosing.
- Unstable Dimensional Door: Behaves unlike any other dimensional door. It is usually crafted using the same recipe as the Iron Dimensional Door, but replaces the Ender Pearl with an Eye of Ender. Traversing this door will cause the entity in question to be output at a random preexisting rift.
Rifts are fractal-shaped tears in the world. They form when a dimensional door is destroyed and is no longer binding together the fabric of reality. To pass through a rift, you can either place a dimensional door on it, or right click it using the rift blade.
They also form naturally in extremely rare formations called "Rift Clusters", which lead to other very far away clusters.
Rifts will grow logarithmically over time. A Rift Remover can be used to remove any exposed rift, regardless of size, and a Rift Stabilizer can be used to stop a rift's growth.
Tools and weapons
- Rift Signature: Creates a pair of rifts linked to each other. A location is selected with the first use, and a second use will consume the signature and create a rift from the first location to the location where it was used the second time.
- Stabilized Rift Signature: Similar to the normal Rift Signature, as the first use binds it to a location, but differs in that secondary uses do not consume the signature. This allows it to link several places back to a single rift.
- Rift Remover: Used to permanently close rifts.
- Rift Stabilizer: Stops an exposed rift from growing any larger.
- Rift Blade: A unique sword which can teleport an entity being attacked several blocks away. Right-clicking on an exposed rift will cause the player to enter said rift.
Dungeons are special kinds of pocket dimensions filled with treasures, puzzles, traps, and dimensional doors leading to deeper dungeons.
A dungeon can either be entered using a gateway, a rare structure that can be found throughout the overworld's surface, or by using a Gold Dimensional Door.
Dungeons are often populated with hostile Monoliths which teleport players who remain in their line of sight for several seconds to Limbo. Monoliths will immediately teleport players who attack them to Limbo.
Fabric is the material out of which dungeons are made. It comes in several variations.
- Ancient Fabric: This block generates at the bottom of Limbo. Similarly to Bedrock, it is unbreakable. When standing on it, the player will be teleported within a large area of the Overworld, providing a quick and easy, but risky way out of Limbo. You will always land on a platform of Unraveled Fabric so that you can't die due fall damage immediately.
- Unraveled Fabric: This is the block that Limbo is made of. All blocks that are placed there (if they don't have an inventory) will eventually become Unraveled Fabric as well.
- Fabric of Reality: A conpletely black block that absorbs light and looks exactly like the void. It can be replaced by right-clicking with a block, or mined using a Silk Touch Pickaxe.
- Altered Fabric: Fabric of Reality that has been altered to become white, or any other color. White Altered Fabric is found in personal pocket dimensions. Other colors can be crafted by combining Fabric of Reality with a dye.
- Altered Ancient Fabric: Colored variations of Ancient Fabric. It is uncraftable since Ancient Fabric can not be obtained, but the white one is found in personal pockets.
Limbo is a proper dimension, though it should not be treated as such by players. It is composed almost entirely of Unraveled Fabric, with the exceptions being Ancient Fabric which replaces air at very low altitudes and gateways. World generation in Limbo is similar to The Nether, but does not include a ceiling. Limbo is populated with a large volume of Monoliths in any given area.
Monoliths in Limbo behave similarly to Monoliths in dungeon rooms. However, the time which a player must remain in their line of sight to be teleported is dramatically increased, and the lateral coordinates players are sent to are offsets from the location they were teleported from.
All blocks without an inventory, when placed in Limbo, will begin a decay chain and eventually become Unraveled Fabric.
To leave Limbo, a player should touch Ancient Fabric. This will deposit the player into the Overworld with a sample of unraveled fabric beneath them. However, it is possible for a rift gateway to generate in Limbo and permit a player to access a new chain of dungeon rooms from which they may be able to escape into a different proper dimension, though this is not assured.